· The Contract shall exist between myself (Charlotte O’Rourke) and the client.
· The contract will include those instructions written into the contract only.
1. 1. Any additional instructions must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the estimate was provided, will be advised to the client on discovery, and a course of action agreed. This includes frame repairs, which are hidden by upholstery.
2. I (Charlotte O’Rourke) endeavour to deliver items forming part of this contract at the specified time, my obligation however, is to deliver on time providing that the materials to complete the work are available at the time the work is to be undertaken. I will keep the client informed at all times of supply problems, or other factors, which can affect delivery times.
3. All old covers will be removed prior to upholstery, these covers will be discarded unless the client advises that they are to be returned, this advice must be written into the order.
4. All new fillings applied to furniture manufactured after 1950 will be in compliance with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988. All new covering fabric supplied by us will comply with the regulations with the exception of covers which contain 80% natural fibres, when it is acceptable to use an interliner which complies with the regulations. Furniture manufactured prior to 1950 does not come within the scope of the 1988 Regulations with regard to filling or cover.
5. I reserve the right to apply a 15% surcharge for handling fabrics not supplied by myself.
6. With regard to the client’s own material: When a client supplies his/her own materials, it is their responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which they intend to use it and that it complies with the relevant regulations in force with regard to Fire and Safety (as described in clause 4).
I will do my best to advise customers of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by me or not, however, I can only take responsibility for materials which are supplied by myself ONLY; covering fabric supplied by the client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the client is the client’s responsibility and not mine. I charge a surcharge of £10 cutting fee when using Clients own fabric.
7. Printed and woven fabrics: Where printed and woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately I will inform you for further instructions.
8. Fabrics sent direct to me must have the clients name clearly marked on the delivery note so I can check, on your behalf, that I have received the correct fabric.
9. Please request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be used unless an extra amount is taken into account for pattern matching. I will do my best to remove creases but this cannot be guaranteed.
10. I cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws. If I cannot cut around them you will be notified.
11. Any problems with an order, whether your (the client) fault or mine(Charlotte O’Rourke), must be brought to my attention within seven days of receipt of the order. There after charges will be made for any corrections. I will not be held responsible for charges if you have another company make corrections – you will still be responsible for the original bill. Charges will be made to corrections that are not my fault.
12. Rush orders will incur a surcharge of 20%
13. Carriage charges extra
14. Payment terms: A minimum 25% non-refundable payment is required for us to accept an order and book your slot. The balance is due on full delivery. Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at 5% per month or part thereof. Prices quoted stand for three months.
15. Re-cover only projects. Whilst we are happy to recover existing foams and fillings this can only be done if foams, fillings and suspension are in good condition. If they are not in good enough condition to recover and achieve a good finish, the client will be informed and advised of the best course of action. If the client however does not take the advice given and wishes to proceed with the re-cover with the existing fillings and support system, I cannot guarantee a good finish or the longevity of the fillings, foams or suspension system.
16. Storage, we are happy to store finished projects or if items are dropped off early, however there will be a storage fee starting at £10 per item per week.